Connecting people to the food they love, food delivery services are gaining momentum in recent days. A report from Statista states that revenue in the online food delivery segment amounts to US$81.7 billion in 2018 and is expected to raise $146.7 billion by 2022.
Convenience is the main reason people order food online. The last few years have witnessed a tremendous rise in various food delivery apps such as:
The market keeps on thriving with a plentitude of food delivery apps.
How Do These UberEats Clone Apps Work?
The process of ordering food is pretty simple. The users have to:
- Download the mobile app
- Enter their location
- Go through the menu
- Place the order
- Pay through card/cash
- Short period delivery
How To Create An UberEats Clone App?
The first stage in developing a virtual food delivery system is to create an app. Developing a mobile application from scratch is a tedious job as it involves spending more time and money. According to recent statistics, developing an app costs between $35000 to $40000, and adding new features would furthermore increase the cost. Entrepreneurs and startups find it difficult to invest such a huge sum of money in apps Thus, buying a clone is not only a smart idea but also cost-saving. Turnkey town, the leading app development company offers food delivery apps like UberEats at an affordable price and with a variety of features:
- Login With Social Media: Sign-up can easily be done by Facebook or Google instead of other tedious ways to log in.
- Voice Call/Chat Option: Call or chat can be made within the app
- Save Favourites: Favorite food preferences can be added by the users with this feature.
- Go By Categories: A detailed list of different types of food will be available, and the user can choose any item from the list.
- Cross-platform Accessibility: This feature allows users to switch between web and mobile apps.
- Online Payment: Users can save time through online payment.
Revenue Model of UberEats Clone App
UberEats operates on a marketplace business model, where it earns revenue through commissions charged on each transaction made through the platform. The exact commission percentage may vary depending on the region, but it typically ranges from 15% to 30% of the total transaction value. In addition, UberEats may also earn revenue through promotional deals and advertising from restaurants.
Business Model of UberEats Clone App
UberEats is a food delivery service operated by Uber Technologies Inc. It is a platform that works with restaurants to deliver food to customers. UberEats operates on a commission-based business model. UberEats charges a commission fee to the restaurants for every order they fulfill. This fee is typically between 15-35%, depending on the restaurant’s agreement with UberEats. The restaurants also pay a delivery fee to UberEats for every order they receive through the platform. This delivery fee is typically around $3-5.
UberEats also makes money by charging customers a delivery fee for every order they place. This delivery fee is typically around $4-8. UberEats also offers customers the option to purchase a subscription to its service, which gives them a discount on delivery fees and access to exclusive offers.
UberEats also makes money from advertising. The platform works with restaurants to feature their best dishes and offers on the UberEats app. Restaurants pay UberEats for the exposure, allowing UberEats to make additional revenue.
Overall, UberEats operates on a commission-based business model. It charges restaurants a commission fee for every order they fulfill, and customers a delivery fee for every order they place. Additionally, UberEats makes money from advertising and subscription fees.
A Step-by-Step Guide To Develop A Food Delivery App Like UberEats
- Define your app idea: Start by deciding what features you want to include in your app. Consider factors such as delivery time, menu selection, payment options, and user account management.
- Conduct market research: Study the competition and understand your target market to determine the unique value proposition of your app.
- Create a design and wireframe: Decide on the overall look and feel of your app, including the layout and user flow.
- Choose the technology stack: Decide on the programming languages, tools, and frameworks that you want to use for your app’s development.
- Develop the backend: This is the server side of your app that will handle data storage, authentication, and business logic.
- Create the frontend: This is the client side of your app that will provide the user interface and interact with the backend.
- Test and launch: Ensure that your app is thoroughly tested and debugged before launching it to the public.
- Promote and market your app: Reach out to your target audience and let them know about your app through various marketing channels.
- Monitor and improve: Continuously monitor your app’s usage and make improvements based on user feedback and performance metrics.
App Like UberEats USPs: Features That Give it an Edge Over its Competitors
- Wide selection of restaurants: UberEats partners with a large number of local and national restaurants, giving users a broad selection of food options to choose from.
- Fast delivery: With Uber’s extensive network of drivers, the delivery time for food orders is often faster compared to other food delivery apps.
- Integration with Uber rides: Users can seamlessly order food and request a ride through the same app, making it a convenient one-stop solution for transportation and food needs.
- Real-time tracking: Users can track the status of their food order and delivery in real time, providing transparency and peace of mind.
- Convenient payment options: Users can link their credit/debit card, PayPal, or other payment methods to the app for a seamless checkout experience.
- Personalized recommendations: UberEats uses machine learning algorithms to suggest food and restaurant recommendations based on a user’s previous orders and preferences.
- Group ordering: The app allows multiple people to place an order together, making it a convenient option for groups and teams.
- In-app customer support: The app provides in-app customer support, making it easy for users to get help with any issues or concerns.
Furthermore, food delivery apps create a positive impact on the economy of the country where it operates. Deliveroo added £372 million to the UK’s economy in just 12 months. Therefore online food delivery business is both profitable and economically worthwhile.
Presently, the restaurant industry alone is making $490 billion in the entire food market. Out of which online food delivery service contributes 43%. From this figure, it is vivid that, more than half of the market remains open to be pursued. Make use of the opportunity; analyze the market carefully, put the user first, and begin your business venture with an app like UberEats. Start it now; start it now, with TurnkeyTown.
Let's get in touch
We're open for any suggestion or just to have a chat
Murugesan Naicker Complex. Block 3, 6 th floor, No 84, Greams Road, Thousand Lights, Chennai 600006.