The world has been progressing fast towards digital everything, and the food industry is no exception to it. From dine-in at restaurants to takeaways and home deliveries, the trend of on-demand food delivery apps has become the hottest and consumer-catchy fad. And perhaps, restaurants in modern times can’t thrive without having an online food ordering and delivery system.
The gaining popularity of online food ordering and delivery among users has enthused business people to develop a food delivery app. Entrepreneurs can inherit the latest trends in their food delivery apps and offer the convenience to soothe the taste buds of customers with just a few taps on smartphones.
The Covid pandemic has caused a subsequent lack of in-house dining, which has increased digital restaurant delivery services by 67% globally. The market size of the on-demand food delivery sector was 107.44 billion U.S. dollars in 2019, which is expected to grow over to 154 billion U.S. dollars by 2023. With the online delivery businesses projecting growth of more than three times the rate of traditional restaurant sales, the time is now ripe for anyone who wants to expand their business. By embracing new technologies, you can create an app like Delivery club clone with unique features that can help you stand out from the competitors.
Let us now get into the details of the food delivery apps.
Who Are The Stakeholders In A Food Ordering App Business?
Like any other business, the food delivery business also involves multiple parties.
- Customer: The customer is the king of the business who is going to determine the success of the app.
- Delivery Partners: The delivery partners play a key role in delivering food to the customers at the right time.
- Restaurant Partners: The restaurant ties up with the delivery partner in return for a commission in the aggregator model. In case the restaurant itself owns the app, the restaurant owner acts as the admin.
- Admin or Aggregator: The admin owns the food delivery app. It manages the app from the backend and engages multiple restaurants.
What Is The Step By Step Workflow Of The Food Delivery App?
To build an app, you first need to know the workflow of the app that can help you include features to offer the convenience of ordering food for the customers. The step by step process of the app workflow is given below.
- The users can sign in to the app and browse through the restaurants listed on the app platform. They can order their favorite delicacies from their favorite restaurants.
- Orders placed by the user are added to the cart, where they can make any further modifications and proceed to pay the order amount.
- The restaurant receives the order placed by the customer and prepares the food.
- Once the food is prepared, a delivery partner gets assigned to deliver the food to the customer’s place.
- The customer gets updated on the status of the food delivery process from the time the order is made. They can even track the location of the delivery person who brings their order.
- Once the food is delivered, users can rate the service provided to them, which will eventually help restaurants to grow.
To Start an Online Food Delivery Startup Business!
How To Make Your Online Food Delivery Business Successful?
To sustain your app in the market, it is important to come up with exciting features that offer convenience to users and make it stand out strongly in front of others. Also, to make money, you need to decide on the monetization ways that give a great possibility to aim for profit. Certain tips to be taken care of are given below in detail.
Analyse Target Audience
You need to devise a proper planning strategy and do market research before beginning the business. Market Research helps you gain knowledge on what exactly is expected by the user to come up with the best solutions. After all, providing comfort-ability to the users is the key to your success.
After doing the market research, you would know your users’ needs and requirements. With this understanding, you can add features to the app that streamlines the business operation and ensures the smooth workflow of the process. Some of the most prominent features include,
- Easy Search Options: Search bar to find their favorite restaurants or favorite foods, and Real-time tracking options to help track their orders can enhance the user-friendly nature of the app.
- Easy Navigation: The app must facilitate users to easily navigate through the pages without the need to have much technical knowledge.
- Easy Payment Options: It is essential to have various payment gateways that provide safe and secure transactions of payments made by the users. Offering cashback and discount deals can gain the attention of your customers.
Any business requires income to cope up with the expenses and investment made. Let us now take a look at various revenue-generating ways to make profits.
- Delivery Charges: Many companies offer free delivery services to attract more customers. However, you can impose delivery charges based on the locations and percentage of the order placed by the customer.
- Advertising: This can be one main way of raising revenue. You can offer advertisement services by allowing third parties to post their ads and promotions in your app by paying an advertisement fee.
- Peak Hours: You can take advantage of the high demands for services and levy extra charges during peak hours. You can impose charges based on the location and amount of the order. Usually, the prices boost during peak hours such as lunchtime or dinner time.
- Commission Basis: Organisations that partner with restaurants can adopt this revenue model. In this, the business owner can charge a significant amount as a commission from restaurants for the orders availed through the app platform.
So, are you willing to establish your online presence and grow your business? Looking for a reliable Delivery club clone solution to drive your startup? That’s why Turnkey Town has skilled developers to help you build a robust solution with all the innovative ideas to take your business forward. Please write to us about your requirements and brace up for the next big thing!