E-commerce apps have been flourishing in the online marketplace, especially in this pandemic. The e-commerce platform is one of the leading platforms that has been used by people from all over the world. Many people are thriving to create the best Multi-Vendor E-commerce App in the online industry. Get to know the multiple benefits of the e-commerce platform in this blog.
What is an E-Commerce Platform?
E-commerce is an online platform where merchants can sell their goods to customers. In simple words, it is a platform where a user can buy or sell their goods through an online portal. In the multi-vendor ecommerce app, an individual can sell their products by linking their business on the online platform. The app will be enlisted with numerous products from multiple brands and retailers. This allows the customers to choose the products according to their offers and price rates.
The e-commerce platform is the essential online platform for a trilateral marketplace. One is to expand the growth of the business for the merchants or retailers. Next would be for the customers who are buying the products. Let me explain in a vivid form.
Business to Consumer [B2C]:
This is the most familiar e-commerce model in the industry. This highly refers to the sale that takes place between a business and a consumer. For instance, when a customer buys a product from an online retailer, it is referred to as the business-to-consumer model.
Business to Business [B2B]:
When a retailer buys a product from wholesale business companies, it is known to be the business-to-business model. In this case, they are selling goods between a business to business people, such as wholesalers to retailers or the manufacturer to the wholesaler. Yet another case, even the retailers are allowed to buy products directly from the manufacturer, which also falls under this category.
Consumer to Consumer [C2C]:
In this business model, an individual customer can sell to other customers on this online platform. There are recognized websites like Etsy, eBay, Fiverr, and many more. The customers can also re-sell an item that is no longer in the requirement for them. This is also known as the consumer-to-consumer business model.
Apart from these vital e-commerce business models, there is yet another model emerging in the online marketplace in the recent era. This model is called Direct to Consumer [D2C]. In this business model, a brand or company can directly send it to the customers without the means of the retailers, delivery agents, distributors, or wholesalers. This is becoming a great trend in the online platform, which is highly reliable among the users. This grabs the users, especially through social media platforms. Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, are a few examples of direct-to-consumer sales.
Ready with an Out Sketch? Try out Turnkeytown Instantly!
Classification of Multi-Vendor E-commerce App
- As I mentioned above, the different types of e-commerce platforms have a unique role in providing users with a feasible interface. There are multiple ways that a multi-vendor e-commerce app can be classified.
- Firstly, in the retailer type, the products are distributed to its customers without any mediator. This helps the authenticity of the orders that the customers have purchased.
- Secondly, with the multi vendor ecommerce script development, it is effective to create drop shipping features in your app. The products that are manufactured and will be shipped and delivered to the customers through the help of a third party. The script also ensures an end to end encryption for much safer and secure private information.
- Thirdly, the app is also curated with digital products. In this category, the customers will download the items that they require, and it will be accessible through online mode. The customers can efficiently purchase the software, tools, digital assets, or cloud-based products it is highly recommended in e-commerce transactions. The customers can get hold of the items like e-books, courses, templates, media, software, and many more. It is a one-time purchase for lifelong access.
- Wholesale purchase is also an important classification when it comes to multi-vendor e-commerce app. In this category, the products are sold in a bulk or a whole package. This happens between the wholesalers to the retailers. Then the retailers will sell it to the customers at a fixed price.
- Last but not least, the subscription model plays an essential role in the e-commerce application. This category leads the customers to subscribe to a package model provided in the app. Once they have access to the premium pack, they can avail themselves of the offers, discounts, fast delivery, and whatnot? This helps to boost up the revenue model of your application in the future.
How is the marketplace different from E-commerce?
E-commerce is an online platform for customers to buy products from retailers. It also includes various brands and companies serving its customers with multiple options. Whereas in a multi-vendor marketplace, numerous individual merchants can sell their products for the customers or businesses.
Enumeration of Prominent E-commerce apps
There are many prominent and recognized Multi-Vendor E-commerce app available in the online marketplace. Few are listed below.
Alibaba: This app was launched in the year 1999 and is one of the leading Chinese e-commerce companies. It also has the largest business-to-business model, customers-to-customers, and also business to consumers all over the world. This app is superior when compared to Walmart and Amazon since 2015.
Amazon: The Amazon e-commerce app is ruling in the United States with more active users and merchants. Almost many ecommerce apps are trying to be an app like amazon in the future.
eBay: As you would be knowing, eBay was the first e-commerce website that is still flourishing in the digital marketplace. It completely works for the business’s purpose and also for the individual retailers to sell their items/products on the online platform.
Thus, the list will go on with numerous enumerations of the e-commerce platforms. These are just an overview of how the Multi-Vendor E-commerce platform is flourishing in the industry. It is your perfect time to hire an app developer once you have analyzed the business model to create an ecommerce clone app.
Characteristics of Multi-Vendor E-commerce Script
- Low maintenance cost
- Wide range of products
- Brand Awareness
- Highly Scalable
- 100% Customization
Apart from these, the Multi-vendor E-commerce software provides numerous benefits to enrich your online business.
In brief, No more spending time and money on building an app. You can reach out to the app developing company at TurnkeyTown for a multi vendor e-commerce app development. The original code script enables the exact functionalities of the e-commerce app in the near future.