Vegetables, Toothpaste, Soap, Energy Drink, and all other necessities are all available in supermarkets. But, we live in a digital age, where everything from clothing to furniture to groceries and cooked food can be delivered right to your doorsteps. Gone are the days when consumers solely purchased goods from brick-and-mortar stores; now, online grocery shopping has become the new norm.
The technology works like a double-sided tape, giving consumers and entrepreneurs equal opportunity. Nowadays, people are busier than ever, and they appreciate the convenience of receiving goods at their homes. If you’re wondering why you should make an Instacart clone app, it’s because it has set a successful business model that people are already familiar with.
In this blog, let’s gain insights on-demand grocery delivery business, the tech-savvy Instacart clone, its features, and so on.
Success Of Instacart App
Instacart is growing to be the most popular grocery delivery app by covering over 25,000 grocery stores, topping big competitors like Amazon Fresh, Shipt, Walmart Delivery, etc.
According to reports, the percentage of people who shop groceries online has risen from about 5% in 2016 to 17% in 2020. In addition, sales in the grocery industry increased by 107 per cent between February and April 2020.
The unique selling feature of Instacart that sets it different from other competitors is that it delivers groceries to customers on the same day. Apart from that, it has a robust workforce that transports groceries to local supermarkets and businesses. When the customer places an order, it is sent directly to the Instacart shopper. He/she purchases all the products and delivers them to the customer’s doorsteps.
Why Choose An App Like Instacart For Your Business?
Influential Marketing Tool
Marketing is crucial for any organization, whether it be a physical store or a digital platform. Since we’re talking about an online platform, Instacart can serve as an effective marketing tool to promote your company.
Furthermore, you can also adopt social media marketing, App Store optimization, email marketing, and push notifications to promote your brand.
For launching any online business, it is necessary to first analyze the market and determine the demand. It also helps to know your target audience and form partnerships with local grocery stores. After all the basic research is done, clone apps are highly scalable, and so it can be modified to the market needs.
Managing Delivery Windows
It will be challenging to meet the needs of your customers during high demand. The Instacart clone script’s built-in routing technologies can play a significant role in ensuring on-time grocery delivery while reducing fuel expenses.
Build A Instacart Clone App For Online Grocery Delivery!
Who Are The Stakeholders Involved In The Business?
Instacart’s business model follows a three-tiered customer strategy that contributes to the major part of its success. The three-tiered users are as follows:
Customers place orders of groceries in the app or website. They can also order things from their preferred grocery stores, pay online and can include delivery instructions in the app.
The app owner partners with a number of registered stores and lists them on the app platform. The stores have the freedom to operate under their own name and display their products on the app’s page. The app platform enhances the visibility of the local stores, thereby promoting its sales.
The orders made by the customers are purchased by shoppers or delivery contractors, who then deliver it to the customer. The grocery orders made by the customers are intimated to the shoppers via the application. The shopper collects the items from the nearest store and delivers them. They are divided into two categories.
a) In-Store Instacart Shoppers: They work for the app on a part-time basis. In-store Instacart shoppers prepare customers’ shopping bags, or they make an order ready for pick-up. They do not make deliveries, but they should have access to the mobile app to receive notifications on orders placed by the customer.
b) Full-Time Instacart Shoppers: They work on a full-time basis for the app. They do the shopping for the customers as well as deliver them.
Prominent Features To Have In Your Instacart Clone App
- Safety Badge: It assures customers that grocery stores adhere to COVID19 safety regulations. It makes them feel safe while purchasing groceries from the stores.
- Contactless Deliveries: This feature allows users to have groceries delivered to their doorstep without the need for human interaction. It helps gain large grocery orders while instilling trust in customers by guaranteeing that all safety precautions are done.
- Same-Day Deliveries: Facilitating the quickest deliveries earns customer satisfaction and encourages them to buy more.
- Single or Multiple Stores: It allows users to place orders for groceries from a single store or many stores. It makes it more comfortable for users who want to purchase groceries from a variety of grocery stores.
- Multiple Payment Modes: Provides the flexibility for the users to make payments choosing their preferred transaction mode.
- Multiple Language/Currencies: Integrating with multiple languages and currencies removes the language barrier and other restrictions, thereby helping you gain greater profits irrespective of the location.
User Retention Strategies
Instacart’s success mainly attributes to the user strategy it follows. So, to retain a strong customer base for your business, you can follow the tips given below.
- Promotion Offers: Offering deals and offers promotes your product enhancing your market presence. This excites customers to shop using your app.
- Referral Programs: For each member that joins the app through a referral from the existing user, bonus money can be given. It increases the number of users of your app.
- First Delivery Free: You can offer the first delivery free, which makes customers open more accounts and avail of the free delivery service.
Developing an app like Instacart from scratch requires a lot of time and investment in researching the target audience, selecting a technological stack, designing an UI/UX for the app, integrating with grocery app features, etc.
That is why Turnkey Town offers ready-made solutions that are easily deploy-able and cost-effective to scale your business to heights.